When you are cooking with meat and do it right, the quality of the result depends on the quality of the meat you've bought. I don't always buy the expensive organic meat, but when I'm going to prepare something special together with my family or friends, I prefer only the best meat.
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 boneless chicken breasts
4 tsp (18 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp (2 ml) chopped fresh thyme
1 pinch salt
1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
2 cups (500 ml) thinky sliced leeks, (white and light green parts only)
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry, (or chicken stock)
1/3 cup (75 ml) crumbled blue cheese
1 tsp (5 ml) all-purpose flour
- Stuffing: In skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; fry leeks and salt, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add sherry; cook over medium-high heat just until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Scrape into bowl and let cool. Stir in Gorgonzola cheese.
- With knife held horizontally and starting at curved side, cut chicken in half almost but not all the way through; open like book. Spread one-quarter of the stuffing evenly over 1 side of each breast, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border uncovered. Sprinkle flour over each bottom border; close breast, pressing edge to seal. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; add 5 minutes to roasting time.)
- Place chicken, skin side up, on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. In small bowl, combine oil, thyme, salt and pepper; brush over chicken.
- Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and no longer pink inside. Broil, watching carefully to avoid scorching, until skin is crisp and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Return egg mixture to wok along with bean sprouts; toss gently for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with green onions and peanuts.
Please share this if you like it!
How Much Is Too Much - Also For A DVD
Punishment 2.0 - Or How Her Worst Nightmare Comes True
Welcome The Monkey-Cat
The Way This Man Is Playing With His Life, Proves Him To Be An Idiot
You Would Not Believe What Happened When This Man Crashed With His Motorbike Into A Driving Car
Physics Can Be So Beautiful
They Decided To Raid A Supermarket, But Did Not Expect This
Once In A Lifetime
This Is Why Chinese Are Now Afraid Of Escalators
Spiderman On Four Paws Freeing An Innocent Ball From The Clutches Of A Pool-Web